Friday, March 12, 2010

???more mind-boggling stuff from Pearson/Prentice Hall...




You be the judge...here's another classic faux pas from Pearson/My Nursing Lab




I don't know about you, but if I had Alzheimer's, I would definitely NOT want improvement in my memory loss....  I woud only want improvement in my memory, but not my memory loss.    I would like for my memory loss to stay lost...

Chap 20 page 270 says:

"Donepezil and memantine are approved for the treatment of progressive AD and are marketed under the brand name Aricept."
Uh....sorry, but Aricept is made by Eisai, marketed by Pfizer.  Memantine is made by Forest Pharmaceuticals.  But only in the world of Pearson and Prentice Hall is there a combination drug of these 2, marketed under the trade name Aricept, and I bet they will improve your memory loss. 


Good grief -- this next one has 3 typos in the same question:





The best part was reading "I should not take this drug if YOU have liver disease"....! 


And yet another:



I suppose nobody could decide about the ibuprofen.


No comments:

Post a Comment