Friday, February 19, 2010

Neuro & Cardio assessments

OK, so I went and watched a bunch of videos on how to do neuro assessments.  I get it (sort of).
Of course, testing the 12 cranial nerves are quite simple. It's the reflexes that I'm not so sure about.  Nevertheless, with my trusty Buck hammer and reflex hammer that came w/ my stethoscope -- I should be all set.  Sort of.

On Old Olympus Towering Tops a Finn and German Viewed Some Hops
Those are the 12 cranial nerves.

I   olfactory
II optic
III oculomotor
IV trochlear
V trigeminal
VI abducens
VII facial
VIII auditory
IX glossopharyngeal
X vagus
XI spinal accessory
XII hypoglossal

How to test them?  I dunno. Haven't read the book yet -- just watched the videos.  Stay tuned.
Neuro Assessment Video 1

Neuro Assessment Video 2

Starting to feel better about this program -- after last night's major coup, I am feeling kinda good about this.

Cardiac assessments
Clear as mud. I must admit that a regular S1 sound and a split S1 sound and an abnormal S1 split sound all sound kinda alike.  I'm not sure I could actually picked the right one if you mixed it up.  Sad part is -- I actually am interested in this topic so I hope I can be good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment